• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Pump For Quiet W/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

Lookin to get a very quiet w/c setup, and Im curious as to what pumps are loud/louder than others.

My first choice would be a D5, any comments on its loudness ?

Any other suggestions ?

This will be going in a Thermaltake Armor.

Thanks

DDC/MCP350 (10w), hands down. It's quieter than the D5, and is more powerful. Smaller as well.

Sweet!

I actually have never heard of that pump before, could you give me a link to a store where I can buy it ? Thanks ! :D

it mods the inlet/outlet so the pump has less restriction. as a result, better results. but keep in mind. the ddc+ pump is what everyone is getting these days. only problem is its 20 bucks more than a d5 with the modded top. and since i got my d5 used. i got it for 45 bucks less. well worth it.

WaTTz said:
I dont get it, whats the modded top do ?

Well, first of all, it changes the inlet to perpendicular to the outlet.

Stock, the DDC has the inlet and outlet parallel, Not much unlike --. With the inlet being... the "--". The modded top changes it to an L shape instead, thus giving the pump a dramatic increase in flow rates. The modded tops also change the pump from 3/8" to 1/2".

my ddc(w/top)is practically noiseless.i have to open the case up to make sure its on lol.dont know about the d5 tho.

Very good information Solid, considering the fact that Im going all 1/2" tubing !!!

Didnt even think about that.

Thanks everyone ! :)

BTW, since we are already on the subject on quiet. What 120mm fans would you guys recomend here ?

I dont have a fan controller, would that be a good thing to look into ?

Thanks

WaTTz said:
Very good information Solid, considering the fact that Im going all 1/2" tubing !!!

Didnt even think about that.

Thanks everyone ! :)

BTW, since we are already on the subject on quiet. What 120mm fans would you guys recomend here ?

I dont have a fan controller, would that be a good thing to look into ?

Thanks

For a fan controller, definitely a Sunbeam Rheobus. For fans, I'd probably get a pair of Sanyo Denkis (The push ~102CFM @ 42dBA I believe) and run them on the rheo at a little under 7v for normal running. Panaflo FBA12G12M is also a good fan (86.5CFM @ 39dBA I believe). On a rheo, it'd probably be fairly quiet at ~8v I'd assume.

For silence, you can't beat the Yate Loons. I don't know the specific model.

Well I already have a couple 120mm Denki's, and @ full 12v they were too loud to keep on.

So, I guess Ill pick up some loons and undervolt eh ?

WaTTz said:
Well I already have a couple 120mm Denki's, and @ full 12v they were too loud to keep on.

So, I guess Ill pick up some loons and undervolt eh ?

Try those Denkis at 7v. They still push quite a bit of air.

i would suggest some yate loons if you want to save some money. you can get 3 of them for 15 bucks shipped.

I love my Yate Loon D12SM-12!! quite, push some air and were cost efficent.. 70CFM at 33dBA, I have 4 of them running at full speed, its not silent but I think its very quiet. Heck my PS fan and video card make the most noise in my machine right now..

Ya, Im gonna have to get rid of this PSU as well :(

Its great, just too loud for my comfort anymore.

Aalelan said:
I love my Yate Loon D12SM-12!! quite, push some air and were cost efficent.. 70CFM at 33dBA, I have 4 of them running at full speed, its not silent but I think its very quiet. Heck my PS fan and video card make the most noise in my machine right now..

My PSU makes more noise than my Denki's at 12v against my radiator :eek:

Oh and I forgot to mention I would recommend a DDC+ with a Petra Top or Alphacool.. I only have experience with the Petra Top but they are great together! Just check out my sig, I keep it up to date..

Back