• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PQI Trubo DDR2-667 4-4-4-12 2x1gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shelnutt2

Overclockers Team Content Editor
I'm currently in the process of possibly getting a trade for my Team Group DDR667 for a PQI Turbo DDR2-667 4-4-4-12 2x1gb set. Are the PQI's D9's though? The highest the person has ever taken them were 800MHz with 2.1V.

If they do top out at 800MHz (400FSB) would I take a performance hit? Would the 2 gigs of ram outweigh the 50 less FSB?

I would keep the PQi you should get at least 850 or 900 out of it. Im running PQI 533 turbo and i can get 800 out of it no problem. As far as that 50 mgz you wont even notice the difference at all. Just make sure you have a good setup as far as cooling everything.Good luck and let us know what you do get out of the ram. im curious to see if it overclocks as good as mine. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN DOING IT.

I believe he has the Teamgroup already. The Team is good Ram and I don't imagine it's limiting you, I don't see why there would be a need to swap unless you're getting something else in the deal?

The highest I was eble to take 2gb pqi pc5400 was 380 with timmings 4-4-4-12. I didn't keep that memory because it didn't work with p965 motherboards.

Well the think is my team group is a 1 gig kit and the PQI is 2 gigs. I know the Team Group isn't holding me back its the DS3. But I didn't know if the loss of FSB would be outweighed by the extra gig of ram.

Back