• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please comment on my RAM config and bandwidth

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undr0atH

Hi, as I don't have any experience with memory overclocking etc I was just hoping to get some professional advice.
I don't have any fancy low latency RAM; instead I've got 2x512MB Transcend DDR400 running in dual channel mode at 2.5-3-3-8-t2 timings and my FSB is currently set at 245mHz. Is that RAM timings ok? Also, my memory bandwidth is 4500 MB/s according to Sisoft Sandra, is this good or bad?
Thanks

:welcome: to test the timings theres a program you can run called memtest86. this basically says if its truely stable or not. Even if your system is stable, stressed ram could cause eventual corruptions in programs. But good job, my ram isnt stable pass 230.

undr0atH said:
at 2.5-3-3-8-t2 timings and my FSB is currently set at 245mHz. Is that RAM timings ok?
That is not enough info to tell if you have the best settings for your memory. I do notice the 2T setting...that is much slower than 1T. Perhaps you could post more info about your parts and settings.

Note:
FSB x multiplier = CPU speed
FSB x Divider = Memory speed

So without knowing the multi and divider.......???????

Back