• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More p5w dh problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trendx

No matter what kind of cd rom i plug into this motherboard it is not working!! I am using the blue ide port but it is not working at all! Does anyone here have any ideas on what i can do? It is recognized in bios and I even see it in windows, whenever i insert a CD it just spins and locks up. The dvd drive is not the problem and neither is the cd i have tested both of them.

trendx said:
No matter what kind of cd rom i plug into this motherboard it is not working!! I am using the blue ide port but it is not working at all! Does anyone here have any ideas on what i can do? It is recognized in bios and I even see it in windows, whenever i insert a CD it just spins and locks up. The dvd drive is not the problem and neither is the cd i have tested both of them.

What about the cable, tried a different one? In bios, is everything set to auto for that port? Do you have an IDE hard drive to test the port to see if it can read a hard drive?

I'd say new bios as well... That seems screwy is it an old DVD drive or a new one?

Well i tried all your suggestions then supernade told me to try it on the jmicron, well i tried it on that and its working fine and when i put it back to the normal one it was working again as well but staying in PIO mode. Guess it will just stay on the jmicron for now.

If it works on one connector it should work on any of them. If your overclocking did you lock the PCI bus at 33Mhz ? Disc drive errors can be caused by overclocking the system without locking down the bus speed. If your PCI bus is locked at 33 then I would do as S_Wilson suggested and clear the CMOS. Some times starting fresh can clear up some odd behavior in a motherboard.

I have also had bothers running either a USB or PS2 (sounds dumb I know, but I'm in Cambodia right now and haven't been at my own PC for weeks :cry: :cry: and can't remember which way I had to set it up) keyboard/mouse set in my rig, especially during a fresh install... I always got errors, but setting them up the alternate way completely solved them.

Back