• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmsch

Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 The timings listed are 5-5-5-12. Will I gain better performance if I change them to 4-4-4-12? What is the risk of doing this? I have the RAM voltage at 1.95...up from manufacture recomended 1.90. CPU volts are at AUTO and go anywhere from 1.18 to 1.32

Also I am runing my c2d e6600 @ 300 with a 9x multi. I have that RAM set at ddr2-800. Will I be doing better if I lowered it to ddr2-600 thus hetting that 1:1 ratio? I have 4x 1GB sticks of this in my mobo. I am happy with most of the performance I am getting at 2.7ghz with the exception of the start up time. But when I up it to 2.8ghz I do not really gain anything so I figure why over do it.

Also when running core temp I am seing the CPU temps at around 32-34C at idle and up to 43C whne running orthos. Is this safe for every day use? It also shows something called Tjunction. This reads a whopping 85C. What is this? It seems VERY HOT. Thanks for all your helps :)

should be fine

your voltage should be fine, and yeah you can probably push them a little bit. I don't see the 4-4-4-12 adjustment causing big issues for you.....just run the memory stability tests available out there and if you fail the test you prob have to up the voltage a tad more to like 2.05-2.1v. I dunno I'm running ocz ati certified mem that is 4-4-4-15 @ 2.1v and im sure i could push it to the 12 precharge timing. what is your recovery time set at?

If your worried, do what dkizzy said and boost the voltage. just add a small fan blowing on the ram (10cfm should do it) and youll be fine.

Back