• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uGuru not recognising conroe?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuminoZ

I wend to go swap my pentium D out for my conroe last night and everything there went fine. When I booted up uGuru loaded but wouldn't report the CPU temp or volts. I tried re-installing, but that didn't help. any ideas?

what motherboard and did you reset the cmos before installing/booting the rig?

Oops, i just noticed that my mobo isn't in my sig. I have an AW9D max I did reset the CMOS using the jumper. Turns out that when you swag cores, all of the monitoring settings default to off. :p

Now if only i could get the damn thing to stay cool. Stupid stock heatsink.

No, the dell HS only works with dell mobos. I have the stock intel (what am i thinking) HS on there right now... Just running opera, with all of the case fans maxed(mind you cheap fans) im at 60degrees. :p

Its scary, and i can't find anywhere to buy a tuniq!

why not get a u-120/ninja/infinity? they all preform rather closely to each other.

yea ninja is right but thermalright hs are on sale at www.sidewindercomputers.com i was half temped to get the the u-90 for $23 or even the hr-01 for $32. hr-01 is slightly below the ninija but then the hr-01 is missing 2 heatpipes vs the ninija. hmm missed that the ninja is on sale at sidewinder as well for $38, well i paid $50 for mine back in jan.

yeah, i googled them and found em all on SVC after evilsizer posted. I think that the infinity looks to be the best, in terms on size and number of heatpipes... ill get that methinks. :)

Back