• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-E (1.02g) vs. P5B Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

raccoonone

How do the P5B-E and P5B Deluxe compare on what FSB they can reach? I've been planning to buy the P5B-E, but I want the 1.02g revision for the higher memory voltage and I haven't been able to find it for sale. The P5B Deluxe has higher memory voltage, but would it be able to do 500+ FSB? I don't need SLI, so I'd rather not pay the extra $30-$40 for the Deluxe, but I just can't find the P5B-E 1.02g for sale.

The $ difference is about $9 not $30-40. The Deluxe is the all around better board. This has been discussed in another thread. The non wifi Deluxe is about $179 and the 5PB-E is $170 so there is no reason to even think about the "E" at this point. If the "E" was $140 like the DS3 it would be a harder decision.

The only place that I know of that has confirmed 1.02G is $170. I beleive it's excaliber.com or something like that. I will try to find the tread. As far as I know newegg is still shipping 1.01G. Read the reviews on the product page.

Here it is http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=485001
also I was wrong it's closer to $173

Excaliber doesn't make any mention of it being 1.02g on that page. Like I said, I haven't been able to find the 1.02g for sale anywhere.

I don't know who created this rumor but I want to smack them. 1.02g and P5B deluxe are gonna oc the same where the chipset is concerned. The E will just have DDR2 VDImm support up to 2.4 and not 2.1. Both Chipsets regardless of there revision C1 or C2 will do about the same FSB wise, which is 500fsb if you have a good cpu, memory that can hit 500FSB and cooling. Most boards won't do 500fsb, only a select few will. On both those boards the best your gonna get is 425-445FSB

dicecca112 said:
I don't know who created this rumor but I want to smack them. 1.02g and P5B deluxe are gonna oc the same where the chipset is concerned. The E will just have DDR2 VDImm support up to 2.4 and not 2.1. Both Chipsets regardless of there revision C1 or C2 will do about the same FSB wise, which is 500fsb if you have a good cpu, memory that can hit 500FSB and cooling. Most boards won't do 500fsb, only a select few will. On both those boards the best your gonna get is 425-445FSB
I didn't quite understand your post. Which rumor do you mean? And you say that with a good cpu and memory they can hit ~500 FSB, but then you say that the best I would get from those boards in 425-445FSB, what did you mean?

I believe he ment the the P965 is capable of 500Mhz FSB but these boards are limited to 425-445Mhz ( I have seen higher on the deluxe). I was not talking about FSB when I said that the Deluxe was a better board. It has 8 Phase power, better sound, dual ethernet and it's black :) IMO it will be more future proof with quad core's because of the 8 Phase power. $30 is not enough in my opinion to sway me to a board with less options. Plus we don't know if the 1.02g will be $150 like the 1.01g?

raccoonone said:
I didn't quite understand your post. Which rumor do you mean? And you say that with a good cpu and memory they can hit ~500 FSB, but then you say that the best I would get from those boards in 425-445FSB, what did you mean?

The rumor is the C1 (1.01g for the P5B-E) clocks less than the C2 (1.02g). If you get a good board its gonna hit 500fsb. But that is rare. Your gonna hit 430s if your lucky. Pick the board that has the features you want, both are gonna oc the same.

dicecca112 said:
The rumor is the C1 (1.01g for the P5B-E) clocks less than the C2 (1.02g). If you get a good board its gonna hit 500fsb. But that is rare. Your gonna hit 430s if your lucky. Pick the board that has the features you want, both are gonna oc the same.
Ah, I see what you mean. The reason I wanted the 1.02g isn't for higher FSB, in fact, I actually haven't read anything about it going much higher than the 1.01g. The reason that I wanted the 1.02g is for the higher memory voltage. Because I think it will be hard to find cheap memory that can do DDR800 or DDR1000, at 2.1v

So the feature that I want is memory voltage up to 2.4v, and as high FSB as possible.

Back