• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe power up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

delta107

I assembled my new rig, everything seemed to work nice. But I don't know why when I turn on my comp I get the following situation. I press the power button then for a second the comp seems to be on then it close and everything boots up normally. Its a kind of double "restart" Is there a fix?

Last edited:
delta107 said:
I assembled my new rig, everything seemed to work nice. But I don't know why when I turn on my comp I get the following situation. I press the power button then for a second the comp seems to be on then it close and everything boots up normally. Its a kind of double "restart" Is there a fix?

you will learn to love your p5b-deluxe's double boot feature.

at a certain point you will restart three times a day simply to witness it once more.

it's warming.

it's a signature.

(and it still freaks me out)

:)

i haven't been able to find a fix for it; apparently, it's an almost universal p5bDLUX phenomenon ... at least to those overclocking the board.

when i have my board set at stock values, there is no double boot.

some folks claim to have fixed this, but most simply learn to live with it.

leojharris said:
you will learn to love your p5b-deluxe's double boot feature.

at a certain point you will restart three times a day simply to witness it once more.

it's warming.

it's a signature.

(and it still freaks me out)

i haven't been able to find a fix for it; apparently, it's an almost universal p5bDLUX phenomenon ... at least to those overclocking the board.

when i have my board set at stock values, there is no double boot.

some folks claim to have fixed this, but most simply learn to live with it.

you both need to flash to a newer bios i believe from 711 and on thsi double boot bug was solved (mine did the same thing now it doesnt)

regards

Metr0 said:
you both need to flash to a newer bios i believe from 711 and on thsi double boot bug was solved (mine did the same thing now it doesnt)

regards

i've flashed to the most recent bios; once i get voltage past 1.4v the double boot comes back.

i've come to love it at this point.

leojharris said:
i've flashed to the most recent bios; once i get voltage past 1.4v the double boot comes back.

i've come to love it at this point.

But why it does that? Is it dangerous indeed for the hard? Yes, at stock values there's no double boot

it was MOSTLY fixed with a bios update. meaning it no longer did it at every reset. but indeed it does it still Here , at every initial cold turn on.

it would generally be concidered to be hard on EVERYTHING that is having to init a second time. motors have the hardest time spinning up verses maintaining thier momentum. the caps go from darined to refilled and back again, the power supply is smacked twice with high init usages, the chip things shouldnt much care, unless the PSU voltages go wackey at every init, which they can kinda do but correct in miliseconds.

so yes by all logic it is rather hard on the poor thing, but they must know what they are doing, thier board is the base for the entire rest of the parts.

a person could use stanby more often? with the q-fan controls you wouldnt get to bad of DUST buildup with the fans that would stay on.

the weirdest thing that i dont understand about it, is WHY the heck they wait till all the motors are spun back down again, before kicking it back in, if it was a few seconds faster, the motors would still have momentum , and the second init would be easier, making more stable voltages on it for overclocking.
on the other hand, it would be a good way or time to test if the overclock was functional, meaning it probably is what allows the bios to "recover" on a to high clock. that is one of the features of the board, is you can blow it out from overdoing it, and it will attempt correction of the users zeal.

Last edited:
Back