• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I tell which P5WDH is newer based on serial?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Will Eatforfood

I currently have 2 P5W DHs that lack retail boxes. So I'm trying to find out which is most likely newer based on S/N or any signs on the motherboard. P5W-DH only have 1 Revision, 1.02g so that won't help: if I'm wrong on that, still doesnt matter since both are 1.02g. I did notice some words under the DIMM slots of one of them while the other doesn't have this. It's 94v-0, which is a flame retardant epoxy coating, so I think this might be the newer board. I'm going to fire them both up and see which one clocks better and maybe keep that, or if I figure out which is newer...But I'm leaning on the one printed with flame retardant epoxy. :) Just as a safeguard if I have a case fire.

ok first off why would you have 2 boards... u lucky *******..

second you could always take a look at the bios chips to see if they are different original bios's based on the numers on the bios... the bigger the number (701 vs 801...) the newer the board i guess you could say...

: / no such luck. Both are 1.85 on the MCH so both are new. :) But one has a bios from 8/06 while the other is from 9/06, so as soon as I update both to the same bios, I'll start testing. THanks all.

Back