• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

afudos command prompt ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seren

I am trying to get together all the information I need for my new board and would like to be prepared if I need to update bios and other things, I have used awdflash before but never afudos and I am :confused:

Asus give examples of the command prompt as follows,
A:\ >afudos /iP5BEP.rom and in all there example they have an i in front of the file name so do I include this.

The latest file for the board is P5BEP304.rom so would I type,

A:\>afudos /iP5BEP304.rom or do I leave the i out, sorry to sound so dumb but I don't want to make any mistakes, thanks.

The way I flash is either alt-f2, during boot up, or in the tools section in the bios.
You don't have to write any strings.

OnDborder said:
The way I flash is either alt-f2, during boot up, or in the tools section in the bios.
You don't have to write any strings.

That was quick thanks, I have seen the EZ flash alt F2 and that looks straight forward, is it safe ? but would still like to know about the afudos command prompt, thanks again.

I've used it since I've got my p5b.. No problems, as long as you go through the jumper/cmos battery clear procedure.
I used to use the same with my epox, way back when..
Don't know about the command prompt, sorry.

OnDborder said:
I've used it since I've got my p5b.. No problems, as long as you go through the jumper/cmos battery clear procedure.
I used to use the same with my epox, way back when..
Don't know about the command prompt, sorry.

Thanks again for the reply and information, I have been reading up on both methods and they both seem equally as good except the ALT F2 method using EZ flash is easier, it mentions renaming the bios file do you do that with the P5B ?

I am hoping to get a P5B-E plus on Wednesday that is when the store says they will have one we shall see, but Iwant to be prepared as not sure what bios it ships with.

As for the afudos command prompt, I found out that the i = in for flashing bios, and o = out for saving old bios, so you place either letter in front of the bios file #, thanks again.

Back