• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 2gb Kit should i buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Of the ones listed above the Mushkin are a clear best buy. I am surprised that in your quest for high end ram that you have not included GSkill or OCZ, both of which are excellent choices. BTW, the Corsair PC4000 would be my second choice. I had not realized how the price of DDR ram has shot up. Earlier in the year I paid far less for first rate OCZ ram. You might do better looking for some that is used rather than pay such high prices.

rseven said:
Of the ones listed above the Mushkin are a clear best buy. I am surprised that in your quest for high end ram that you have not included GSkill or OCZ, both of which are excellent choices. BTW, the Corsair PC4000 would be my second choice. I had not realized how the price of DDR ram has shot up. Earlier in the year I paid far less for first rate OCZ ram. You might do better looking for some that is used rather than pay such high prices.

i think your totaly right .. i honestly am not even wanting the purchase the ram just because 939 socket is becoming obsoulite... i'm in a hole .. either i buy ram and a much needed faster hd... or i do rebuild ... e6600, board, and some ddr2...and a raptor which is what i want :)

as for ddr 1 .. its probably worth it to buy them used.... i don't know what i should do...

all i know is i'm unhappy that my rig is runn like crap .. due to the bottle neck ram...

Stupid me just realized you are in Canada and the prices are much higher there. Your signature lists OCZ ram. I don't understand why that would be a bottleneck?

rseven said:
Stupid me just realized you are in Canada and the prices are much higher there. Your signature lists OCZ ram. I don't understand why that would be a bottleneck?

lol... i burnt out my ocz.... and it was a 512 kit... :(...

rseven said:

lol... i burnt out my ocz.... and it was a 512 kit... :(...

i wish i lived in the states .. you guys have everything there .. more selection of pc stuff..

Yes, that will screw things up. Just another thought, but do you really need 2x1gig or can you get by on 2x512mb? It could be a savings and I agree that it's late in the DDR game to lay out big bucks for ram with a limited future.

amdfreak04 said:
i wish i lived in the states .. you guys have everything there .. more selection of pc stuff..
Careful what you wish for! Would you really want to live in a country led by George Bush and **** Cheney? :eek:

rseven said:
Careful what you wish for! Would you really want to live in a country led by George Bush and **** Cheney? :eek:

lol you have a valid point!

I think i may auction of my hardware on ebay .. or better yet in the buy and sell forums here =)

rseven said:
One nice about selling off is that the 939 gear still has good value, but how can an AMDFreak run an Intel?

you have a very very good point... i been with amd from the days of my 2500+ barton... lol... my very first pc was and intel... intel 550mhz dell gahhh dell ... makes me shiver... i'm very hesitant on selling to be honest.. i spent about 1000 on just pc stuff last december ....

i'm really considering getting the ram now .. and waiting for ddr3 to hit the market and a quad core processor.... wow... i can't wait to see when that becomes avaliable lol..

I would be the last one on earth pushing Intel. The new cores have great reviews, but I'd never buy one, just because Intel makes them and I don't like the way they do business. Like you, I am keeping my fingers crossed on the next generation of AMD's. In the meantime I have plenty of speed for whatever application I use.

rseven said:
I would be the last one on earth pushing Intel. The new cores have great reviews, but I'd never buy one, just because Intel makes them and I don't like the way they do business. Like you, I am keeping my fingers crossed on the next generation of AMD's. In the meantime I have plenty of speed for whatever application I use.

I agree... i think i'm going to spend the money on the ram.. i don't wana to leave amd don't get me wrong.. but my system is bottlenecking itself... generic 2100 ram, and a wd hd that sounds like i can't keep up ... do you feel my pain yet :-/

can you suggest any other ram chips to pick from above ...

I want to sleep at night knowing that i picked up the best ram i could for my system..

here are another 2 sites for ram that i can purchase from, tiger direct though is best for me its down the street from my work.....
the other sites are

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProdList&cmd=pl&id=RAM.178

http://www.pccanada.com/inventory.asp?cat=MEMORY

ps... they are pricey gahh .. but i prefer new... i don't need to risk the fact that the sticks i buy may be bad...

the cosair is quite expesive :S.... is there anything a lil cheaper that can have similar results?
thanks

Back