• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B Deluxe features

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

delta107

What features of p5b d should be used and which not?
AI Nap is a bit glitchy, since I wouldn't be able to turn it of after long time.
Q-Fan because of it my cpu gets 60C after two hours on idle, I wonder what would I get on a stress test :-/ When it is off I get 53C :eek:

Are there new versions that are not glitchy?

I'd recommend not installing the extra software at all. The BIOS can handle all the throttling you need.

qfan only speeds up if it needs to, based on temps
only the "performace" mode had enough speed to keep temps "normalised" a bios update supposedly changed how the qfan controls operated so it sped up the fans at lower temps.
basically on performanc for me it works great, yet only as needed to cool, i would not use it on optimal or silent.
if your really going to crank things up, and the voltages especially, your going to want it off.

if you want cooling without massive noise when unnessisary, then you might want to at least test it.
i am doing moderate overclocks with it on, and its great, fans slow down to way less noisey, when way less needed, and speed up as nessisary.
the bios alone can control it without the 25megs of asus mess.

Hi,

Looking for a Step by step guide to overclocking this MB (P5B)?

Running Intel E6400 Dual Core Cpu and GeForce 7900GTX Video card.

Thanks

Back