• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Thermaltake AquaBay M5 good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ashikaa

Registered
I am wondering is the P500 pump in Thermaltake AquaBay M5 good enough for my system?

First

You need to decide what radiator and block you are using to decide which pump you will need.

You're better off getting a different pump and reservoir. There's no listed head pressure so you can't really even gauge what the performance could be like.

jph1589 said:
You need to decide what radiator and block you are using to decide which pump you will need.

I had Thermaltake 240mm Radiator and Swiftech Apogee already. Any recommend?

7e88_3.JPG

Last edited:
Anyone can tell me the quality difference between Thermaltake 240mm (Image above) and MCR220 please?

Thanks

Do yourself a favor and avoid anything Thermaltake in watercooling like the plague.

That rad is going to be ridiculously restrictive. An MCR220 is a good performing rad and will blow the socks off of that.

voigts said:
Do yourself a favor and avoid anything Thermaltake in watercooling like the plague.

That rad is going to be ridiculously restrictive. An MCR220 is a good performing rad and will blow the socks off of that.

Thanks man. Luckily I have not had it yet. And I just got great deal on ebay. $64 for MCP655, $38 for 8 hours used Apogee and the shipping for both item is $25. Total $127 ~ AU $160 to Australia is really good price. It is like AU $70 cheaper. My total set up for WC around AU $350. It is not cheap but I guess with that money it is better than a kit out there.

I found some vendors in AU are selling Ice Black Extreme 2 for really cheap like half price, around AU $65. How come? I decide to buy one with 2 Sunon fan 108CFM at 42dbA. I think these fan will make IBX 2 perform better even the noise is a bit louder.

Last edited:
Back