• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with microsoft media server

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK well i have MMS installed and it works fine internally on the LAN either via an ip or wins name mms://server/stream works just as good as mms://192.168.0.106/stream... but i havnt been able to get the server past my router... i have opened ports and forwarded 1755, 8080, 8129 and 8128

so what im asking is what is going wrong?

EDIT: OK well i did a DMZ to my server comp thats running MMS and it works fine which tells me theres more ports that need to be opened... is there a list somewhere of ports that are used by MMS

Last edited:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/serve/firewall.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832017

Windows Media Services
Windows Media Services in Windows Server 2003 replaces the following four services that are included in Windows Media Services versions 4.0 and 4.1:
Windows Media Monitor Service
Windows Media Program Service
Windows Media Station Service
Windows Media Unicast Service
Windows Media Services is now a single service that runs on Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition; Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition; and Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition. Its core components were developed by using the COM, and it has a flexible architecture that you can customize for specific programs. It supports a greater variety of control protocols, including Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP), Microsoft Media Server (MMS) protocol, and HTTP.

System service name: WMServer
Application protocol Protocol Ports
HTTP TCP 80
MMS TCP 1755
MMS UDP 1755
MS Theater UDP 2460
RTCP UDP 5005
RTP UDP 5004
RTSP TCP 554

thanks... i actually figured it out a day ago... i had everything but the 2460 port being opened...

Hey is there any way when running a unticast ondemand stream playing files from a directory where the client can see in like a playlist whats in the directory?

Back