• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some Advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Hey guys. I've been around these boards for quite some time, and I've tettered on going water cooled in the past, but things just haven't worked out financially, however, I think this time, I've hit paydirt :) Check out this thread here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=487504. This is a setup thats for sale in the classifieds by Elif Tymes. I have a pending deal with him to snag that setup. I was wondering what the water cooling gurus around here think about that particular setup for my rig? And no, I won't be water cooling the video card, just the CPU.. ANd one more thing- will I need a reservoir for that loop or can I get by with just that Fill Port thingy? (whatever it does..:shrug: )

I like my res. It gets the bubbles out.
However, i dont think i should have any to begin with so thats another story.

That setup should do OK for just a CPU.

That should work ok. You probably won't get the same temps as you would with a dual rad, but a single rad can still do the job with a higher cfm fan. I would just stick with the fillport res as it will do the job. I see no point in buying another one when you got a good deal on what you are getting.

A dual radiator setup, eh? Could I achieve the same results with a 2 x 120mm Black Ice Radiator? Also, just to make sure, I've edited the picture from Danger Den's website to how I think my setup should be. Can someone tell me if it looks right? Also, can anyone predict what kind of temperatures I should expect from that setup in the classifieds? Sorry for all the questions lol

Attachments

• fill_system.jpg
    fill_system.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 76
Would that thing at the bottom be a second t-line so you can drain ? If so, looks good.

BIX2 might give you slightly better, temps, but nothing amazing.

I have no idea what that ting is at the bottom... I whited it out cause I don't think I'll need it? :shrug: Would a '86 Heater Core be a better choice than the BIX?

The thing at the bottom was prolly just a way to drain the system. The port at the top is to fill it :)

Heatercore wouldnt be any better imho, about just on par with the single bix.

hmmm ok.. . I'm reading the sticky at the moment, learning a few things... How do you fill it with that thing? Do you just pour in distilled water with some Watter wetter/antifreeze/ whatever additive and turn the pump on and let it rip?

Back