• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My DQ6 OC w e6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blockdoc

Registered
Well after tweaking I'm satisfied with my e6600 overclock on this DQ6 motherboard. Using the coolermaster eclipse air cooler for my cpu and 2 gb g. skill pc6400 ram at 1:1 I'm running a stable 360 FSB for 3.24 GHz. I didn't want to overvolt the cpu. My Vid is 1.225 and under load cpu-z reads voltage at 1.216. My temps with this cooler are 43C idle, 60C under load with orthos.

If I let the bios automate the voltage settings with this fsb my cpu voltage goes up to 1.28 and load temps at 65C.

I'm pretty happy with this new conroe system and I love the feature set of this MB. I went with the DQ6 because I wanted the ICH8R chipset for matrix RAID.

Nice

Nice OC. I am curious about something. I talked to someone who had basically the same setup you have with the same memory. They were claiming that the memory wouldn't run 800 mhz and that cpuz didn't even show spd for 800 mhz. Can you show me a screen shot of your memory tab for cpuz when you get time. I'd like to see the SPD numbers. Also, what voltage did you set that memory at?

Thank you in advance.

Here are some benches.

bench3.jpg

My memory multiplier is set at 2 so system memory is running at 720. I'm not overvolting memory since it's running at less than its speed rating.

Thought I'd share mine as well

Hey everyone.....finally broke 4Ghz on air!!

Specs

CPU: E6600 *Retail*
Motherboard: Gigabyte DQ-6 (+.45 DIMM +.2 FSB +.3 MCH +.1 pci-e 1.7 VCore (bios) 1.65 Vcore (speedfan))
Memory: 2 x 1GB F2-6400PHU2 (4-4-4-12)
PowerSupply: OCZ GameXStream 600W
Cooling: Tuniq Tower

8x500small.JPG

8x500(2)small.JPG

Back