• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max FSB on AB9 Pro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackmesa

Registered
What's the max fsb you can expect from the ab9 pro (bios 15)?

I tried 400 mhz and set the mch voltage to 1.4v but prime95 crashes instantly. how far can i go with the mch voltage or where's the fsb limit on that ab9 pro?

whats the rest of your rig? as i have seen some people at abit forums getting into the 450's with bios 15.

E6600, 4x OCZ2P800R21G (4-4-4-15 @ 800).

While trying to max the fsb I set the multiplier to 6x so the E6600 runs at 2,4 ghz, ram running at slower spd settings.

The heatpipe on top of the nb and mosfets gets so hot that you burn your fingers. probably thats the problem? I use a scythe infinity aircooler, so there's no airflow downwards to the board.

I saw the cpu reaching 3,6 ghz, but I can't get the FSB stable :(

well if you are using 4 1gig sticks that is going to stress the chipset alot. yea if you have one laying around get a small fan like 40mm-60mm to put on or near it if you can. i have a 60mm delta at 7v sitting on my v-card in front of the chipset.

Back