• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p965 mobo questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crimsonnblue

I was reading some articles about the new p965 5 boards. So its true they dont support crossfire, but will they support sli. On Tom's hardware they all say 2x PCIe x16 (2nd with x4/x2 pathways). So whats this mean as far as performance goes for the second card or is SLI not available either on these boards. Also I've seen alot of complaints about native support for IDE devices on these boards.

One more thing. Do these boards have the ability to use ddr2-1066 as opposed to ddr2-800. Is the performance difference from 800 to 1066 that great to even worry about this???

the chipset set is really handicapped when looking at cf or sli. i forget which but nv only cerified one maybe 2 intel boards in the past. currently no intel board is driver certified to be used for sli. ati has driver certified the 965p with 2 x16 slots for cf. if you got sli or cf you want a better chipset, imo 965 for it is to crippled on the second x16 slot for high-end cf. if you looking at mid range like 6600gt's or 7600gs/gt's then its hurting much.

Back