• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your XP Slipstream Procedure?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I would like to know what you can remove when creating a new slipstream disc with nLite. I have XP Pro it's build 0 from about 3 years ago so adding SP2 updates the build number etc I also add my board drivers and all the security updates. I add my graphics drivers but might have to leave that out in the next 1 cause I may be buying my mates ATi X800 XL AGP card.

Anyways what is safe to remove cause I use CD-R's at the moment and now the finished slipstream is getting near 750mb well it's not far away. I did remove the languages and kept UK english but when I got to the desktop after the install it asked for my CD everytime I booted-up. So with that error I have just left the languages alone and it's just basically this

XP Pro
SP2
Security Updates I have backed-up
nForce 5.10 drivers for each SMBUS, GART etc exluding IDE driver
Geforce driver

If you have no intention of using it as an upgrade CD then you can nix all the winXXX folders. Support (i never had a probalem with killing LANG either... you must have something else going on if its an issue for you).

You didn't check the option to disable WFP(Windows File Protection) and that's why it's bitching at you.
IIRC, that's located somewhere in the "Tweaks" section, towards the end of the nLite process.

Back