• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

aftermarket nb hsf for evga 680i?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxfly

has anyone mounted a aftermarket cooler on the evga nb yet?air or water doesnt matter.was mounting easy hard etc...im seriously pondering one of these boards but i really dont like the nb hsf setup blowing on the cpu socket.my next question is the sb.does it need a hs as well or will the stock hs work with the nb cooler disconnected?if anyone can turn me on to some linkies that would be great.

Stoneyman said:
I have talked to eddy of Ek waterblocks and he is looking into making some chipset coolers for the Evga i680.
In the meantime i have two of these on order: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=197&products_id=20325

should be here any day now, i'll let yea know how it works out.

sounds good.ive checked that one out as well as the ones evil posted.im just not sure if it would be better to just throw my mcw30 on the nb and go passive with the southbridge.itll call for some creative tubing layouts but if the nb runs as hot as everyone is saying i think it might be better to wc it.

nice i think ill try that out.if i ever get my friggin mb that is.

have you mounted those thermaltakes yet stoney?if yes howd it go?did you have to mod anything to get the sb one mounted?

I have a passive HR-05 on both the north and the south and it wasn't hard to attach at all. The nb still runs very hot though, burns to touch it. I just wish I had enough room to attach a fan but the heatsink and vid card don't allow for it.

cool thx for the info.that was my main concern with the board.i didnt want to have come up with some kind of diy mounting solution.

Sorry maxfly, i got the coolers in but been busy at work, so haven't had a chance to mount them.
I can tell by looking at pic's of the board mounted with video cards on other sites, the northbridge will take the Tt cooler but not on the southbridge.
well stop the presses, i just spoted this here:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=197&products_id=20676

Looks like that's the one that'll fit if yea doing sli
blagh! wish i had seen it when i ordered before. :( oh well.
I think i'm gonna wait and see what waterblocks eddy comes up with.

Last edited:
Evilsizer said:
ASHURA any pics with them mounted on the board?

Here you go:

Sorry it took so long, it took me a while to dig out my camera. As a PS to my earlier comment, once I set the 200mm fan up top to high, the NB didn't run so hot anymore.

And uh... pardon the mess inside. :p

looks cleaner in side then mine, lol.. what case is that cant quite put my finger on it. im thinking p180 from the bottom psu and all steel chasis.

Antec 900, as stated in my sig. :)

I love the case, my only complaint being it's not a full tower.

thx for the pic Ashura!that makes things much easier to visualize.

Back