• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dumb question, i think (about ddr2 support)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

place

Registered
I'm looking at getting a Asrock 775Dual-VSTA and it states only ddr2-667 support - does that mean my ddr2-800 sticks won't work in it?

thanks

thank you very much. I thought I heard that before but just wanted to be sure.

cheers

just be careful of the required voltage for your ram.that mb doesnt give actual numerical values so its impossible to know what the actual voltage is.it has normal high and ultra.the difference between those...i have no idea lol.if your ram will boot at 1.8 you should be good to go.if it needs 2.0+ id be wary.then again maybe loose timings will work.i cant say for sure so it may be a moot point.i just ordered some supertalent ddr2 800(says it needs 2.2 to run stated timings)so ill be able to tell you more in a couple of weeks when i get my rmaed mb back.

yeah i considered that, maxfly. My ram defaults at 2.2V. I've also owned a gigabyte DS3 and that board was supposed to be picky with ram over 1.8V or something and my ram did work. hopefully she'll boot again with this new board.

cheers

place said:
yeah i considered that, maxfly. My ram defaults at 2.2V. I've also owned a gigabyte DS3 and that board was supposed to be picky with ram over 1.8V or something and my ram did work. hopefully she'll boot again with this new board.

cheers
man i sure hope it doesnt have any issues.that would really really suck.i would settle for loosetimings.im just worried that my sparkling new ram will have to sit unused until i can get a new mb lol.
goodluck

board came in today, no issues with the ram or anything else. i flashed to latest bios (1.60) and i'm still hitting that hard 300FSB wall (like most) with my e6300. everything else is gravy... great budget board, just don't hold your breath for a decent overclock.

cheers

sweet!my mb is rmaing atm so i wont have a chance to test mine out on it.then again im also waiting on a evga 680i so which ever shows up first.thats great news man!i really wasnt sure if id be able to test the new mb but now im sure it will be fine with the new ram.thx place!

correction on my last post, I didn't end up with the VSTA I got the ASRock ConRoeXFire-eSATA2. :bday:

twas a last minute descion, and being so close to the egg warehouse it came the next day... lol

cheers

Back