• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Install XP on DFI 975X/G, help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeepSky

Hey everyone.

I'm building a machine for a friend and I can't seem to get XP to recognize the third party drivers it asks for at the begining of the install process.

I am trying to install XP on a WD Raptor hooked up to a DFI 975X/G. Neither of the two floppy disks that came with the motherboard are working. Anyone have an idea? If any additional info is needed let me know. I'd like to figure this out as soon as possible.

Nebulous said:
How about d/ling the drivers from DFI's site? Does the mobo's CD contain the drivers?

Hrm...I DLed some from their site...i just need to find a blank floppy. In the meantime i thought the CD might have them, but when i hit F6 to install third party driver it asks for a floppy. I don't even think it checks the CD drive...

DeepSky said:
Hrm...I DLed some from their site...i just need to find a blank floppy. In the meantime i thought the CD might have them, but when i hit F6 to install third party driver it asks for a floppy. I don't even think it checks the CD drive...

Nope, it doesn't, lol. You'll have to look on the cd and create the floppy disk. I'm sure there's an option on the CD that creates the floppy disk with the drivers.

Well I downloaded this file:

Revision 001
Driver RAID Driver
OS All
File 975_RAID.zip
Size 5,031,802 bytes
Date 2006/07/27
Description RAID driver for Windows 2k /xp / x64

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Downlo...D=4696&CATEGORY_TYPE=LP&STATUS_FLAG=A&SITE=US

AND WINDOWS STILL DIDN"T LIKE IT! Does anyone with a LANparty board had this problem in the past? Maybe i have some settings wrong in BIOS. I have 2 SATA HDDs, one on SATA3 (slave) and one on SATA1 (master). The Raptor is on SATA1. They are not in a RAID. I have the "On Chip Serial ATA" setting to Combined which allows me to have the CD drive active. Anything look out of place?

OK....so I put in the same floppy i had put in countless times before and it worked this time...

I guess the board is just living up to its reputation.

DeepSky said:
OK....so I put in the same floppy i had put in countless times before and it worked this time...

I guess the board is just living up to its reputation.

LOL! Sometimes you just gotta clean the floppy drive also, could've just been dusty ;)

Glad you have it working.

Nebulous said:
LOL! Sometimes you just gotta clean the floppy drive also, could've just been dusty ;)

Glad you have it working.

lol, I suppose so.

Thanks for your replies!

For next time, slipstream the drivers into the cd and you wont have any need for a floppy disc. For slipstreaming drivers use a program called nLite.

Back