• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need some tccd experts here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxfly

ive got some corsair 3200xl(tccd)that doesnt clock to well without errors.it will run up to 220 without problems.unfortunately it wont go much higher without errors in games and with memtest86.ive tested each module individually.test 7 is the one it fails if that helps.ive tried running it from 2.65 to 2.85 with loose timings 3-4-4-8 but i still get errors.im wondering if more voltage will help me get to 250-260.ive got a 80mm fan blowing directly on them and they arent the least bit hot to the touch.i remember being told that tccd doesnt respond well to voltage.so essentially my question is will overvolting it with a ocz ddr booster help my oc?if so how high is too high etcc...thx in advance

Super Nade said:
What are your timings? Do both sticks work without errors at stock? Did you try swapping the position of the sticks?
im running 2.85v 3-4-4-8 @ 235 right now.both error in memtest with these settings in any of the 4 slots.at stock 2-2-2-5 2.85 both pass memtest.im at aloss.i want to get this stuff up to 250 at least but im afraid ill cook it with to much juice.

Last edited:
karl pell said:
see viperlair for addn'l info
ah nice find.those are the exact modules ive got.im going to give the voltage a mild bump and see if itll help some.thx for the link.
man i know this stuff will do more than 235.this is really frustrating.i havent done any mods to this board and i know about the droop on it.do you think the ddr booster will give more stable voltages?

update:set the ddr voltage to 3.0 and it passed a hour of memtest.which is a definate improvement.as it wouldnt go more than 20 mins without errors at 2.85.im going to push it to 240 and retest and see how far i can go with it.wish me luck lol.

sigh,errors again.even with 3 volts going thru it.this time its failing test 6.errored like mad at 240.i give up this stuff is going in my p4 rig.

Have you tried lowering the CAS from 3 to 2.5? My TCCD really doesn't like CAS 3 at any speed.

im afraid ive just got some bad stuff unfortunately.cant get it to run error free even at 225-230.

ive tried pretty much every voltage and timing combo i can at this point.this really really sucks as this stuff was a replacement for my old xms3500(bh5) may it RIP :( i was so hoping it would hit 260-280.i havent been able to get close to my pms max oc yet!argh

Running 1:1, most tccd should be able to run ddr500 at 2.5-3-3-5(or 6) with 2.65v to 2.75v. I run 4x512 at 2.5-3-3-5, 243MHz (ddr486) with 2.65v & 1.65vagp on the IC7-G in my sig. I've run it at 2.5-3-3-6, 266MHz in my AI7. I think it's vdimm has better stability.

There are some systems that, for whatever reason, just hate tccd. I've seen it with intel (mostly) & amd too.

Edit: can it do 2-2-2-5 at 200mhz without error?

Back