• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5B-D USB , show me yours.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psycogeec

i am having a minor issue , or mabey no issue, with the Intel USB2 indications.
i need to see what the heck a normal system should look like in the usb controller section.

i ran the Intel INI stuff and it turned all the standard controllers into intel controllers, BUT, it only shows ONE measly USB2.0 type controler, the rest are shown as "universal"

i tried forcing intel USB2 drivers into the universals, and it never did work right.

i read the manual and it says 10 X USB2, so is there 10 USB2 (5 controllers) or not? i am so confused.

the only Problem i am having is the Front CASE connection, on a (cheaper) Antec case, is giving me usb problems, other than that, everything i have connected , is working and running at USB2 speeds.
on certian configurations, the front case coonnection can even delay or crash the computer :-(

so the thing i really need to SEE, is what it looks like down there in the device manager.
are there seperate Numbers for each one? because mine shows numbers on each controller?

if you could type up what you see there, or toss me a pic of some sort of it, it would be really helpfull.
i need to know what the INTEL USB CONTROLLERS in Device manager say.
thanks.

that is weird
what i am getting, is that CERTAIN devices hooked to the INTERNAL USB using either the supplied connector, or the front of the case, have some delay issue, seems to be routing through all of the data on the drive.

it does not occur via a HUBed usb connection of the same thing.

the Item is a USB Flash card reader, with a 4gig flash card.
it works fine in all the back of the board connections, but via the internal connections it slows everything down, as if it is acessing all of the data.

i tried XP drivers , XP Sp1 drivers, and SP2 drivers, and am getting the same basic results.
Either i have my head up my buttox, which is entiely possilble or there is some sort of difference between the internal connections, and the connections on the back.

well i figured it out, kinda, i will try and say it correctally.

any USB2 items get "negotiated" under the USB2 section of the controller in the device manager, EVEN if these items are connected to any of the ports.

USB1 or 1.1 type items that do not negotiate a USB2 connection fall under the universal or standard controller.

basically by switching things around, i was able to get the 4 USB2 items to negotiate as USB2 , and the 3 USB1 items to negotiate at 1.

AND
the speed although slightly varied, is completly sufficient for all of the USB2 items. it varied slightly through various HUB items, and at various ports, but everything is ok.
some items negotiated originally slow, and i was able to uninstall the enumeration for them, and re-install them under a USB2 negotiation.

if this sounds all like PAR for how it would work anytime, it was not. compared to my USB2.0 PCI card that i had used previously, an USB2.0 item would never had dropped to 1, due to how it was enumerated in the device driver. all is well, it just acted weird to me at first.

Back