• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with WC kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Macadonious

I have a ThermaltakeXaser III full tower case. I cannot figure out how to connect the radiator. Please help
11-133-111-04.jpg

Does this case come with water cooling built in? or Are You not sure where to mount a Rad in this case?

I have the Black Ice Pro
pro120_2pass_black_100.jpg

I have nothing to attach it to on the back, inside, or front. If I place the rad on the outside with something, then, I have to figure out how to run 1/2" tubing back in the case. Please help:temper:

i like putting onto the bottem. just make a nice big old rectangular cut and your good to go. (just make sure you can still screw the radiator into the case tho)

{FKR}Loki said:
Does this case come with water cooling built in? or Are You not sure where to mount a Rad in this case?
No WC build in and yes, I have no idea where to place it.

What did you think you were going to do with it when you bought the water cooling setup?! You don't plan before you buy something? Did you buy all your computer components and then ask what to do with them? I mean if you bought this and asked if a particular place was a good idea that would be different but your asking "WTH do I do with this thing" I would suggest reading the thousands of posts in this section, you'll be amazed what you'll find.

Here's a good place to find everything you need...http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/mciraho.html

dylskee said:
What did you think you were going to do with it when you bought the water cooling setup?! You don't plan before you buy something? Did you buy all your computer components and then ask what to do with them? I mean if you bought this and asked if a particular place was a good idea that would be different but your asking "WTH do I do with this thing" I would suggest reading the thousands of posts in this section, you'll be amazed what you'll find.

Here's a good place to find everything you need...http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/mciraho.html
I have read the posts, but nothing was said about this case. Furthermore, i did the research before buying, I just ran into the situation as to the placement of the rad goes, due to the dimentions which, admittedly, was larger then i expected. I think I might have solved the issue. I just need double sided tape now.

You should be able to mount it there on the door with that 120mm fan. Since you've got 2x80mm on the back I don't know about it working back there - watch your data cable clearances.

I mounted the heater core on top of my Xaser II ...

Last edited:
QuietIce said:
You should be able to mount it there on the door with that 120mm fan. Since you've got 2x80mm on the back I don't know about it working back there - watch your data cable clearances.

I mounted the heater core on top of my Xaser II ...

Correction on that, I have only 1 80MM fan on the rear

Another dumb question. on the Danger Den MAG II - LE, which is the input and which is the output? I am assuming that the input is the bottom and the output is the top. Also, as far as the block goes, does it matter which is input and output?

Macadonious said:
Another dumb question. on the Danger Den MAG II - LE, which is the input and which is the output? I am assuming that the input is the bottom and the output is the top. Also, as far as the block goes, does it matter which is input and output?

The input I am fairly sure is on the side and output is on top.

Input/output on the block depends on which block you have...

WonderingSoul said:
The input I am fairly sure is on the side and output is on top.

Input/output on the block depends on which block you have...
I have the DD Maze4 block of the socket 478

dylskee,
Is that the Swiftech Radbox? I'm thinking about getting one of those... I have a Lian-Li 65 (I think thats the model name).. I have the bottom HD rack removed.. If my BIX doesn't fit in the front, how well does that Radbox do in term of securing the radiator?

Back