• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Haveing trouble flashing the GA-965P-DS3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPL Tech

I have the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 mobo with the dual BIOS. My manual says I need to download the new updated BIOS file from their website, save it to a 3.5” floppy and upload it in the BIOS. Well I downloaded version F6 from here:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=2314

untitledxq2.jpg

The file in the red circle is the file I downloaded. The files in the green circle is the files I got when I extracted the file I got. Being that both the autoexe and FLASH895 are .exe files the file I need was obviously the top one. So I loaded it on the 3.5” floppy and restarted into the BIOS. When I got into the BIOS I choose the load from floppy option. Once it started reading the file it just quit after about 15%. It would only read about 15% of the file then it would just go back to the normal menu. Why? The BIOS is still not updated.

INFO

You really don't need to do that. Use the @BioS program that comes on the install cd. I've used it at least 10 times with different production and beta bios and it works great. Just dont run other things while you are doing it and shutdown and restrart when you are done.

Choose the option to internet update and click clear dmi and pnp and let it fly. The current production release is F7 and it is fine. No significant difference between it and F6. F8 should be out soon also.

Have fun!

Back