• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Waterblock for 8800GTS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I just got mine yesterday. Have to wait until Friday to install it though, because I have to wait until the shipment from Danger Den gets in with the splice for my loop. I have to take out my two 6800GTs in SLI first. I would have preferred to just put in a waterblock on the 8800GTS, but I can't find one. :bang head Danger Den only has the GTX block out.

Does anybody have any idea when and where a GTS block will be coming out?

Hmm Cant you buy 8800's that come with WB's on already? that might be a option for you to look @

||Console|| said:
Hmm Cant you buy 8800's that come with WB's on already? that might be a option for you to look @

2 things:

1. I haven't seen anyplace that is selling a GTS with a waterblock. All of them are GTXs.

2. I've already bought a 8800GTS.

Second on Eddy EK's. His water blocks are awesome, much better than Dangerden's. The only bad thing is that it takes a week and a half to get to you , but its well worth the wait :bday:

Are Eddy EK's blocks going to be cheaper than the Danger Den block. A BFG w/c is about $200 more than a normal one. I don't want to spend that much on a block.

Is there some sort of list we can get on to get dibs on Eddy's blocks? I don't want to wait forever for one.

Zeb

Thanks for the link! Looks like if they keep the same pricing it will run about $100 for the block with the derlin top. I see they also have a chipset block for the DFI Lanparty motherboards. I wonder if it will fit better than the chipset block I bought from DD?

torin3 said:
Thanks for the link! Looks like if they keep the same pricing it will run about $100 for the block with the derlin top. I see they also have a chipset block for the DFI Lanparty motherboards. I wonder if it will fit better than the chipset block I bought from DD?

I'd really recommend skipping the WC of the chipset. you're just adding extra restriction to you waterloop. Unless you are doing some extreme phase cooling you'd never need anything more than a simple air cooler. You can get the evercool vr-something or other. (Check out DFI-Street.com, Happy Games did a tutorial on switching it out on that board) It's silent and does the job just fine.

jivetrky said:
I'd really recommend skipping the WC of the chipset. you're just adding extra restriction to you waterloop. Unless you are doing some extreme phase cooling you'd never need anything more than a simple air cooler. You can get the evercool vr-something or other. (Check out DFI-Street.com, Happy Games did a tutorial on switching it out on that board) It's silent and does the job just fine.

It is more for reliablity. I had the chipset fan go on my first DFI board. I wasn't too pleased with that. I also prefer a quiet PC as well.

Hi!
First pieces of blocks are allready made.
Have to correct some minor issues and the block will be out next week.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Eddy_EK said:
Hi!
First pieces of blocks are allready made.
Have to correct some minor issues and the block will be out next week.

Thanks for the update Eddy. Always willing to wait for a propery tweaked block.

Back