• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a UV light kill growth in my Loop ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

||Console||

I have been told that in some water purifiers they use a UV light to kill algee, So do you think the same thing would work for a WC loop ?

The reasion I ask is I cant find any Iodine with out alchol in it ne where

||Console|| said:
I have been told that in some water purifiers they use a UV light to kill algee, So do you think the same thing would work for a WC loop ?

You'd need a UV light for that specific purpose. UV CCFLs don't kill growth.

The UV used to kill baddies is a different wavelength than normal CCFL.

They are very bad for people, worse than the UV in tanning beds.

I don't think the little bit of alcohol in Iodine would be bad for you loop. But if it is could we just mix some distilled water into the Iodine and then put it in a shallow pan for a day or so. The alcohol would evaporate faster than the water and you would have almost Alcohol free Iodine.

I have never tried this and am no chemist. But it seems to me like it would work, like revese distilling. Removing the alcohol instead of concentrating it.

Zeb

||Console|| said:

Where do you live?

Back