• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need bios resetting procedure for gigabyte ds3/ s3 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hypertek

ok so i had it overclocked d805 at 205fsb for a while, then i think my watercooler system fan was unpluged so it obiously went bsod on me from heat i think , so i had to reboot, and it would do the bios rescan to try to reset it.. then it must have not worked out, becuase now the system trys to boot, where it stays on for like a few seconds, then turns off, turns on for a few seconds, then turns off.

I removed the cmos battery to try to reset it but still same thing. If i recall, there is a way to have the motherboard revert to the original bios via boot up procedure. If anyone knows that please post here thanks.

otherwise i might jus go buy the same board at pcclub since they have this motherboard locally and i can just send this one to get rma and then sell the rma'd board. I jus hope my raid-0 hard drives are ok.

INFO

hypertek said:
ok so i had it overclocked d805 at 205fsb for a while, then i think my watercooler system fan was unpluged so it obiously went bsod on me from heat i think , so i had to reboot, and it would do the bios rescan to try to reset it.. then it must have not worked out, becuase now the system trys to boot, where it stays on for like a few seconds, then turns off, turns on for a few seconds, then turns off.

I removed the cmos battery to try to reset it but still same thing. If i recall, there is a way to have the motherboard revert to the original bios via boot up procedure. If anyone knows that please post here thanks.

otherwise i might jus go buy the same board at pcclub since they have this motherboard locally and i can just send this one to get rma and then sell the rma'd board. I jus hope my raid-0 hard drives are ok.
Look in your manual but I dont think these have the dual bios. Have you tried the clear cmos jumper. That always works when I need to use it. I've been where you are and never had to take out the battery.

Back