• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which coolant ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ashikaa

Registered
What coolant is good among these below? Which one has UV?

Long Life Red
Pentosin
Swiftech HydrX

Coolant UV is a additive. Its easy to get...

I have experiance with PrimoICE... its a bit sticky so dont spill it, but for the new setup its the best. Non-Conductive, Non-Corrosive, Non-Toxic, and it aint that bad on the thermal properties.

Swiftech HyrdrX is most assuredly UV reactive, green in fact.
"Long Life Red" is just red with no UV reactive properties
Pentosin is Red UV reactive, but will look light pink in any other light.

If you want a specific UV color then get an additive that does not have UV reactive dyes already and then simply add the UV dye color of your choice.
http://www.jab-tech.com/Dyes-and-Additives-c-55.html

Don't forget to add 3 drops of iodine to your mix.

If you use HydrX you don't need iodine. After antifreeze and iodine failed me (Don't quite know why) I've been using Hydrx with no problems for over a year.

MCT-40 is personally my favorite. Non-conductive, anti-foam, anti-algae, helps with pump life.

The swiftech hydroX is not only UV reactive but even reacts to cold cathode light.

In my case i have no UV lighting but the pipes around the blue cathode and blue LED fans glow extremely bright neon green, and the ones away from cathode are just the green colour as you'd expect it to look.

its good stuff.

Back