• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVNETFD.SYS Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlitzPuppet

I've been getting bluescreens with my AN8-32x (Which use the NForce4 SLI chipset) Now I tried diff drives and etc, and I got an RMA board and installed it with the same crash, all point to NVNETFD.sys

Now the stop error is this :(I have added a descrip of the stop error)
Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - The Stop 0xD1 message indicates that the system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.

my stop error pointed to F763a827 base at 5763700 datestamp 444063CE

Now I manually deleted the file but my onboard ethernet won't work so I installed it off the CD. Is this a windows problem or is it NVIDIA's crappy programming that is giving me this problem?

Only solution I can find is boot into recovery console and delete the file from system32.

Are you running the nForce firewall? Cant say exactly what that driver is pointing too, but looking at the name nv NET fd.. .I would have to guess NIC or firewall.

the stop error itself alludes to USB OHCI driver issues. And is supposedly solved with install service pack 1.

it's a 500W Dynex from best buy. It has rock solid voltages and this happened when I had just 1 vid card as well.

Nforce Firewall is not installed as I had heard the horrors associated with them.

should I look at the OHCI drivers and see if they are causing the problems?

There should be a dump file in C:\WINDOWS\Minidump can you zip the lastest (newest) file and upload it? il take alook deeper into the .dmp file.

They should look like
Mini112106-01.dmp
Or somethin like that,

when windows bluescreens it gives a bit detail, il get some more info for you

Back