• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wisconson settlement with Microsoft--Claim Form

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It would be wise to check an official government or Microsoft site to see if this is real. It could be a identity theft scam.

JimmyG said:
It would be wise to check an official government or Microsoft site to see if this is real. It could be a identity theft scam.

I am from Wisconsin and yes this is real, they have been talking about it on some of the local radio stations and yes, people have got "a credit". Now how that credit can be used or what it is good for i don't know.

it's all irrelevant to me as i don't use windows any microsoft products to speak of (well, office mac 2004) but that is it.

i received the forms in the mail a few days ago

you can list up to 5 purchases(up to $100) which need no proof of purchase, any more than 5 you have to include the receipt or the valid "product key number"

real deal... i remember this going around last year too for other states. in fact more states are to come from what i understand. they just havent settled yet.

so far i remember new york, and nebraska. im sure there is more.

a little advice for those brains running 100mph now.. dont do it !!

Xtreme Barton said:
real deal... i remember this going around last year too for other states. in fact more states are to come from what i understand. they just havent settled yet.

so far i remember new york, and nebraska. im sure there is more.

a little advice for those brains running 100mph now.. dont do it !!

I missed the original topics on the settlement

I bought MS Win98SE and MS Office years ago and wouldnt mind getting a $15 and $23 refund or coupon back

Is there a reason not to do it?

"A settlement has been reached in an antitrust and consumer fraud class action lawsuit about certain Microsoft software acquired by consumers and businesses from December 7, 1993 through and including April 30, 2003 for use in Wisconsin. Under the terms of the settlement, Microsoft will provide vouchers to eligible Wisconsin users of its Windows, MS-DOS, Office, Excel, Word, Works Suite or Home Essentials 97 or 98 products to be redeemed for cash after they purchase qualifying computer hardware or software."

http://www.microsoftwisuit.com/FAQ.htm

Last edited:
lol... sorry .. were you talking about when i said for the brains going 100mph dont do it ?? cuz if you were i was thinking about any scammers that was thinking free money !!

Xtreme Barton said:
lol... sorry .. were you talking about when i said for the brains going 100mph dont do it ?? cuz if you were i was thinking about any scammers that was thinking free money !!

yes i thought you were saying dont do it even if you did buy the items legit, but i understand what you meant now.

Back