• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Galvanized?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

(Clanger)(DOA)

WT Uberclox0r
Ok, ive got some tight bends in my loop... My case is narrow so the three tubes coming off my white water are to say the least strained.... Im thinking of a quick solution. I have on hand some galvanized parts that will make the bends better. My question is will the gavanized react to the copper and aluminum already in the loop.... I am running a anti carrosive but just woundering if it will stop this type of corroision... I use Hyper-Lube for the corrosion prevention... C'mon chem majors. Give me your thoughts.

I would avoid galvanised simply because the dang coating will come off in your hands and often rusts eventualy or long before other materials / aloys.

I think the anti-corrosive prevents galvanic? reactions between two disimilar metals in the loop, such as bronze, copper, and aluminum. However, you will be dumping sometihng with an already soft coating into the mix. Im not sure i would trust it.

Personaly i would spring for nylon or another type of plastic part... If not coper or brass.

Got some 12-16 gage solid copper wire handy to make your own temporary coolsleeves out of?
A 2 minute soak in some boiling water will help you form tubing around a cylinder (wearing gloves). Hold until cool and the bend will usually stay pretty well.

Just a couple of thoughts. :thup:

BTW, I'd be much more afeared of the aluminum in the system than galvanized.

Even better than nylon, use Polypropylene. Compared to all the nylon couplers I've ever used, Polypropylene parts are always less restrictive (larger ID).

Back