• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So, I need a p5w????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

One Bull

I'm currently searching the parts together for an upgrade (finally)
I know I'll be running an e6600 and that I'll OC it a bit on air. I don't plan to go with crazy voltages or anything. So the 975X chipset would prolly be the best choise because it's tighter then other chipsets.

But which p5w do I need :shrug: ? there are so many of them and asus's website with features isn't helping either.

Thanks in advance

I personally enjoy P5W DH Deluxe. You can see my setup and its a very rockin setup. What other parts do you intend to put into it and use???

~jtjuska

Not sure yet, was thinking of an 8800gts and team group x ram and a Silverstone Zeus 560.
But that's only if the budget allows it of course, that's the reason why I'm asking. Because if a p5w64 or a p5wdg2 would be THE BOARD, I would have to change plans a bit, or change budget :D

Well, I would say find what your budget is and go from there. I love the setup in my sig but I paid way to much for it overall (5 raptors doesn't help that :)). There are a lot of people that have very similar setups. I will help out how I can but having a budget and what you plan to do with it helps.

~jtjuska

sorry for the long wait, forgot all about this thread :$
Well the budget is somewhere between €1000,- t0 €1500,- it's just that I can keep on saving untill I can get a good setup. There's not too much hurry or anything.
I just want a thight board that'll last for years with a medium/low oc on air

Edit: and I don't need sli or cf

Hi One Bull,
am in same boat saving 4 a conroe upgrade, probably around febuary.
if your not interested in sli/crossfire u might consider the 965 chipset & the Asus P5B Deluxe Intel 965 looking around the various forums both these asus boards overclock well. The 965 tends to be a bit cheaper.

Am still open on what bioard to get atm will also see how the 680i perform.

This is also a useful link Picking a Core2Duo MB: Resources
luck:)

Volt said:
Since you don't need SLI or CF you could also look at the P5B, which allows you a higher FSB.

Yeah I know they are cheaper too. But I'm not looking for an high overclock. I don't think I'll be even pushing a p5W board to the limit. And because of that I could better get a 975X chipset because it's thighter.

Hi One Bull,
am in same boat saving 4 a conroe upgrade, probably around febuary.
if your not interested in sli/crossfire u might consider the 965 chipset & the Asus P5B Deluxe Intel 965 looking around the various forums both these asus boards overclock well. The 965 tends to be a bit cheaper.

same as above. I just said I didn't need sli/cf to avoid people telling me the psu isn't the best for that or that a p5w doesn't support sli. Sorry for the confusion.

I just want to know which p5w board is the best pick for me. I need a solid board that'll last for quite some time. Is it better to get a workstationboard/a p5w64/p5wdg2 or can I save the money and use it for other purposes?

The main reason I suggested the P5B Dlx is that it will give you the option of pushing it higher. I know you said you don't plan on doing that, but you might get interested at some time in doing so. It's always a good idea to have broader options. From what I've read about the P5B, it's a good board that should give you near to, if not the same, performance as the P5W.

Volt said:
The main reason I suggested the P5B Dlx is that it will give you the option of pushing it higher. I know you said you don't plan on doing that, but you might get interested at some time in doing so. It's always a good idea to have broader options. From what I've read about the P5B, it's a good board that should give you near to, if not the same, performance as the P5W.

Hmm ok :) I'll consider the p5b. It's still a lon time till Januar anyway

Back