• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flow question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smitty1258

So i was looking around for my WC parts, called Crazy PC to start ordering my stuff that i wanted, and it turns out there was a kit with 90% of what i needed in it.

http://www.crazypc.com/products/9378.html

So i bought it.

Now, This is my first WC rig ever, and I finally got all the air bubbles out, but now Im nervous because I cant see the air bubbles running through it, which now scares me, because I dont know if its flowing.

I am just doing leak test now, nothing major.

I have not added the Hydrx UV dye yet, not till the leak test is over.

Any ways to tell if it is for sure flowing?

Thanks,
Tyler

INFO

You can tilt the microres resevoir around and see the water rippling if it is flowing. Tilt it enough so that the input to the resevoir has some air space around it and you will see the water shooting in. Don't tilt it so that there is air around the output of the res though. If you do that it will suck air into the system.

I just pinch a tube and feel for the pump pressure against it. That can also help kick bubbles loose from the radiator.

Tipping the res and looking for water flowing in sounds like a good idea too.

Back