• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DS3, entering bios problem with SCSI controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

balael

WHen I try to enter my bios(delete key) with my LSI 160 scsi controller in the motherboard, it goes into the mode of looking for the scsi hard drive, and then hangs, only way to get around it is to restart the computer, shut it off, unplug scsi card, enter bios, save, exit, restart, turn off, plug back in scsi card, blah!!!

ANyone have a fix for this? so that it doesn't look at the scsi card before entering the bios???

Balael

Found this

I found this on another forum. Hope it helps.

""Well the outlay is very good I think so installing the board in my case was pretty easy compared to some others. With everything installed I tried to boot but it was having a hard time letting me boot off of CD with my scsi setup on the system. So I had to format the scsi drive with the scsi controller. After I did that I was able to boot up off the cd/dvd drive. Install went very good, no errors or anything. The next problem I ran into was I could not get into the BIOS with my scsi gear in the system. But after I did a bios update, in windows with the gigabyte program that came with the board, I am now able to enter the Bios with everything in my case.
The parts for the build are…

CPU = Intel 805 with retail copper core heatsink
Ram = 2gig of 3.7ns DDR2 in dual Ch mode
Video card = PCIe X800 with 128mb of ram
Sound = onboard
Hard drive = 15k SCSI 36gig as master boot and 120gig Sata backup
Scsi card = PCI LSI 160 card
Ethernet = PCI wireless card and wired (not in use) onboard
Dvd-burner = Lite-on
Power supply = 500 watt AGE
""

Back