• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aol Instant Messaging on Cell phone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SGDirka

Ok, Now is the time to take action!!!! As everyone knows AIM on mobiles has been expensive, slow and worst of all Really, Really, REALLY annoying. The phone companies are trying to price goudge people with there antics. The main thing is, Extremely costly data usage. I have an idea to thwart them. Ok, here it goes: So, i had an idea. As we all know Texting on cell phones is much cheaper than Connecting over the net To AIM. So i was thinking there would be some possible way so that whenever you recieve an IM you could have it forwared to youre cellphone. That does not seem so hard, the main thing is how in Gods name do we send A reply back and having it send to the right person. So it goes like this. AIM server, Your computor, Sent in TxT message to youre cell phone. then... Cellphone txt, Your computor, AIM Server. That is a very simplified version obviusley. I have heard that this website has some very smart people on it. I want to gather as much information on How the procces of this all my work.- Thank you very much, Dirka (please forgive my speling)

wow, awsome idea, i just got SCREWED by aim on my phone, i racked up a 400 dollar bill from using it. ACK!! i decided to stop using it. but if it sent thru txt to your phone, that would be sweet.

amazon10x said:
I can get a thing from Get It Now on my verizon phone that lets me chat on aim/msn/somethingelse with TXT messages...

Yeah im pretty sure most providers have the aim program to download for free. You just get charged for text messages

If you enable IM forwarding in aim it does that exact thing. If you are sent a im when you are logged off it forwards as a text msg to your phone. You can also reply to the last person that has sent you a text message. I tried it for a while and just got the data plan cause the downloaded aim is much better on my phone(moto SLVR) All of the other free downloads are cool too. such as the free MSN/yahoo/aim java app and the gMail java app.

EDIT: http://mobile1.aol.com/mobileaim/forwardims#

Back