• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help OCing C2D on a PC Chips P23G V3.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acidyoel

Hey, I need help on overclocking a Core 2 Duo E6300 on a PC Chips P23G V3.0, I can only OC to 300MHZ and thats it :cry: which would be only 2.1Ghz, I wanted to reach at least 3Ghz but I cant with this MoBo but I bought it to use my ATI X800XL (AGP) and my old DDR Ram.

Is there a way to edit the BIOS to unlock the 300Mhz Limitation or something else that would help me.

Motherboard Link, PC Chips P23G V3.0

Your Help will be Greatly Appreciated, Thanks

I am waiting on a new BIOS chip since the flash process to the latest BIOS failed so that might be a fix, but dont know yet.

Last edited:
via chipsets dont oc well or at all in some cases. i would say your lucky to get 300mhz, if you want to oc you need a better board.

I wasnt even aware they made C2D boards with DDR and AGP.

I wouldnt hold onto any hope of overclocking with that board, chances are you're getting poor performance out of that E6300 with that motherboard and DDR RAM.

Might be worth a big upgrade for a new motherboard, some new DDR2, a new PCIe graphics card and probably a new PSU to power it all.

I'm going C2D in January, I'm gonna just buy it all new and not keep anything but the case.

I upgraded from an Athlon XP 2700+ on a KV7 Abit MoBo, because the MoBo fried

I would love to upgrade my whole system but i dont have enough money, luckily i was able to get a C2D, if not i might have ended up with an Athlon 64 3200+ or maybe higher but thats it, i Wanted Dual Core, so i was able to fool my mom for the core 2 duo, i bought it as a combo as well.

It would have also liked at least a 1600x or something better than an x800xl, atleast with SM3 and HDR but no money yet. As well as 2gb of DDRII 800 or w/e

But i would like to get better speed than stock and not just 300MHz

If you want you can donate money, for christmas?

Ive tryed every option that the motherboard has

mobodrives.jpg

she will not overclock at all. this killed me cause i wanted something i could use my 920 with and still use my 6800 GS. this board has ended up being no good. granted thing things boots up in like 10 seconds - i just can't overclock it at all

Back