• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatible SATA DVD Writer for P5BDX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rod Moore

Registered
Anyone know of a good SATA DVD writer to use with the P5B Deluxe, one that can install WinXP?

Moe

Rod Moore said:
Anyone know of a good SATA DVD writer to use with the P5B Deluxe, one that can install WinXP?

Moe
The only maker of sata dvd wirter is plextor and that's the only make I know of. I can't coment if you can install windows through that drive. Also lite on make blue ray drive and dvd rom drive, blue ray being expensive.

As meionm stated, only writer I know is Plextor. (aka - pricey) Lite-on did come out with a SATA Combo drive, but haven't seen a DVD burner from them. If they did that would be the one I'd reccomend. They should come out with one soon I would hope.

In short there is no reason to go SATA right now on an optical drive. Is there some reason you want SATA? Only reasonable option I see right now is to get a normal IDE drive and use a SATA converter. From what I've read you should neither gain or lose performance that way. (Only difference being you're now using a SATA cable)

Back