• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Error :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smitty1258

I have been running Vista now for about a month with ZERO errors!

Now I put my WC on, and i start getting this error

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Problem description

The error was caused by an unrecoverable hardware error which forced the operating system to stop functioning.

Although we know the problem is caused by a hardware component, unfortunately the error report does not contain enough information to tell us the specific component. More than likely the problem is being caused by problems with one or more of the following computer components:

Random Access Memory (RAM)
System board
Central Processing Unit (CPU)
Power supply
Recommendations

If you have received this error more than once, it could indicate a serious problem with your computer. We recommend that you do the following:

Back up your files to avoid data loss in case of a complete hardware failure.
Contact the original manufacturer of your computer or your local computer repair shop. Either will have advanced hardware diagnostics to determine the specific component which is failing.

So, anyone have any ideas as to what I should do? I dont have an exact error code number because im not sure where to find it in Vista.

Thanks,

The Vista version you have is Beta, and as such you dont know what is happening. You can try to re-install, you can go buy volume licenses to Vista and get a copy of the released version (I think), or you can move back to another OS.

Try running MemTest on your machine. Maybe its not a bug but an actual problem with your Memory.

Mike

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 84AA7028
BCP3: B2000000
BCP4: 00070F0F
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini120306-01.dmp
C:\Users\Mine\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-214328-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Mine\AppData\Local\Temp\WER836A.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

again overnight when i was sleeping.

It only happens when im not around, I can game for hours, with no blue screen, but i wake up to the the boot screen.

GreenJelly said:
The Vista version you have is Beta, and as such you dont know what is happening. You can try to re-install, you can go buy volume licenses to Vista and get a copy of the released version (I think), or you can move back to another OS.

Try running MemTest on your machine. Maybe its not a bug but an actual problem with your Memory.

Mike

Actually, it is a Full release of Vista, not a Beta.

Ohh...

Try a Microsoft Forum... Most of us OCers have to wait for the public release... I was tempted to buy a 5 pack of the licenses one for all of my family... but I would rather wait, since I dont know whats going on with my HTPC yet. I may use Linux and Myth TV; if I can be assured of the final few bits of hardware.

Back