• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it possible to...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

Can i make a keyboard shortcut to hide/show desktop icons? ex. <Ctrl>+<Alt>+h =show desktop icons

I have been googling but to no avail

yes. In regedit export the "explorer" advanced folder containing the "HideIcons" dword twice. enabled & disabled. Install http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Keyboard_Shortcuts/1104955240/1
and with a modifier you can run each reg file with 4 keystrokes. I found refreshing screen somewhat more difficult though to actually show changes. Refreshed best when changing wallpaper or taking screenshot. not much of a programmer am I

I really didn't want to add another program to my computer that rans in the background so i just created a little program my self only executes when i use a keyboard shortcut.

Thanks for you help

if you are interested in a copy of the program i will be selling them for $55 [/joke] just pm me if you are interested in a copy

Back