• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Cooling Setup Parts List

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

I've decided on a major overhaul for my cooling setup. Tell me what you think of these components:

SILVERSTONE SST-TJ07-BW $339@Newegg
Black Ice XtremeIII Radiator $58@DangerDen
Danger Den Round (Cylindrical) Reservoir $25@DangerDen
Thermaltake Smart Led fan - 120mm X 5 $65@Jab-Tech
Thermaltake Smart blue Led fan - 90mm X 2 $22@Jab-Tech
Sunbeam 5-1/4" Rheobus Kit - BLACK $12@Jab-Tech
Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump $70@Jab-Tech
Swiftech Storm Universal Waterblock Rev 2 $80@Jab-Tech

Total: $671

I also have a fillport, T-Line, hoses,AS5, and other junk that doesn't matter. A few notes:

I know the fans are expensive and noisy, but they push massive air. I use them in my current case and love them.

I wanted the Apogee but I haven't been able to find it in stock anywhere. Since the Storm is better (and in stock) I figured I'd just go with it.

I went with the windowed TJ-07. That's why its $30 more.

I'll probably order this stuff tomorrow or Monday, so if you have any suggested changes get them in quick. And before I forget about it, if anyone has a preferred additive that does everything (anti corrosive, kills algae, etc) and comes in colors let me know. If you can't tell, I have a "blue" fetish. Thanks.

(Sorry Theorie for stealing your idea...but I loved it. :beer: )

Actually, you'd be much better off with a GT360 rad, and grab some Delta or Panaflo fans instead, there are multiple models available depending on how much noise/airflow you want. www.sidewindercomputers.com has a very nice selection and is a good place to start.

How is that rad any better (aside from the price)? I just used the "Best watercooling parts roundup" thread and Theorie's build to pick that particular rad. If you can give me a good reason I'll switch. Money isn't an issue.

And those fans...same thing. Noise/cost isn't an issue. The A2017 and A2018 fans I choose push some amazing quantities of air. At lower voltages the sound is acceptable too. Why should I switch them out?

looks like a good setup to me. Only thing I don't know about are the fans (how quiet they are and what not).
Don't forget the jab-tech coupon on the storm - stormpwns to save yourself 10 bucks.

satandole666 said:
Total: $671

i just wanted to bring up that for that money you could get a phase change unit .

750 and you have a phase already installed in a lian li v2000

bri1 said:
i just wanted to bring up that for that money you could get a phase change unit .

750 and you have a phase already installed in a lian li v2000

SILVERSTONE SST-TJ07-BW $339@Newegg half of that is just the case alone...

WonderingSoul said:
SILVERSTONE SST-TJ07-BW $339@Newegg half of that is just the case alone...

ya thats overkill if you want to spend that much money it would be better to go for a phase unit i have loved my chenmings 602b that is modded for a bix2 on top but unfortunately i must get rid of it around Christmas p.s. anyone interested in used wc stuff i got some

bri1 said:
ya thats overkill if you want to spend that much money it would be better to go for a phase unit i have loved my chenmings 602b that is modded for a bix2 on top but unfortunately i must get rid of it around Christmas p.s. anyone interested in used wc stuff i got some

Yeah, a Stacker with the rad mounted in the front is just as good IMHO

I hadn't thought about Phase Change, but I really am not that interested. Something about makes me a little uneasy and I'm not THAT hardcore of an over clocker. I also plan on WCing my x1800 AIW as soon as I can find a GPU block that is 100% for sure compatible. The Maze4 doesn't appear to be.

As for the case, I realize it is overkill. I didn't like the look of those UFO cases at all. I saw this case in Theorie's thread and had to have it. I did look around for similar cases (size, construction, etc) and I liked this one the best. I plan on keeping this case and WCing setup for many, many years...its worth the monetary "investment" in my book.

The main reason I am replacing my case is I am building my bro a computer for Christmas. I'm going to give him the current one so I need to replace it. Mine as well get something I like. Plus, I already ordered the case so there is no point in thinking twice about it. :shrug:

And for the fans I picked...I've been using these fans for a while now. They are loud, bright, and suck juice...and I'm happy with em :)

if money/noise isn't an issue at least get money on a PA. If anything get an HE version and then put some 150+cfm deltas on there! :)

as for your fans. If you wanna go for looks then stick with it. "Loud bright and suck juice" are not very good reasons for a fan =/. Might as well stick to ricing up cars

Dragoon42 said:
if money/noise isn't an issue at least get money on a PA. If anything get an HE version and then put some 150+cfm deltas on there! :)

as for your fans. If you wanna go for looks then stick with it. "Loud bright and suck juice" are not very good reasons for a fan =/. Might as well stick to ricing up cars

I know they aren't great reasons...that's what I said "and I still like them". Peaking at 95cfm with considerable noise (not unacceptable) with the looks I am going for are the reasons I got them. That and I've used them for 3 years now on my current case and have had no problems.

satandole666 said:
I know they aren't great reasons...that's what I said "and I still like them". Peaking at 95cfm with considerable noise (not unacceptable) with the looks I am going for are the reasons I got them. That and I've used them for 3 years now on my current case and have had no problems.

The only fan companies i trust to their cfm/dba is: YL, Panaflo, Sanyo Denki.

Any reason you're shorting yourself from the a Thermochill? There's some comparisons between the different rads in xtremesystems.

Other than that case it looks good. Thats way too much for a case when a stacker costs much less and will hold the radiator in the front. But so will a classic chieftec style that costs $50.00.

Back