• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iTunes alternative with iPod.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerXLT8

Is there an alternative to using iTunes when loading .mp3 onto an iPod? I currently use Winamp to organize all of my music. The reason I ask is because iTunes seems bloated and I'm getting iPod Nano RED as a gift.

Adragontattoo said:
Winamp works with Ipods if you are using over 5.2. I just got an IPod and found that out.
:eek:

That is good news. So you can sync with the ipod and transfer .mp3 with no problem?

ephpod. Very useful. I couldn't stand the thought of using iTunes, so I looked for an alternative software immediately when I got my iPod a while back. I remember trying out many other programs that do similar things, but found this one to be the simplest and the most convenient. I don't think you'll want to use it to play the songs, though, but transferring songs with it is very easy.

Just a FYI under linux you can use GTKpod. You can use it under windows too, but there are many other programs out for windows.

Thanks for the input fellas. I'm comfortable with Winamp so I will give it a try. I got some kind of plug in for winamp\ipods so when I get the dang thing I will try it.

Back