• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fla..sh is studderin...ng

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orionlion82

okay, its just a flash movie.
on a website.
in holland.

and all it does is studder HORRIBLY.
were talking 4 seconds of poorly synched audio/video and then 6 seconds of pause, and repeat over and over and over. i mean it IS a streaming video, but i have a new computer with a broadband connection and im pretty sure its not me. maybe.

but that does not work out too well when it is a rock concert that the band has been kind enough to simply hand the fans the entire thing on the internet.
its 80 some odd minuets long. and ive been at it two hours, and its now 2 am and weve all been here, and its ugly.

ive never seen anything like it and ive spent two hours tweaking everything i can think of. anyone got any tricks up their sleeve?
the video in question is this: http://www.fabchannel.com/two_gallants
and well see you folks in the morning.

Do you have the newest version of Flash? Seems to be an odd format for a realtime video...

What could be happening is that the video is playing faster than the site can load it...although that would usually result in freezes, not stuttering.

Only other thing I can come up with is some codec is bad (try to see if you can find a QT version and if that one plays better).

Where's the glitch in the video (rough time)?

this morning ive confirmed that all media on that website is like that.
too bad , as the performance i wanted to watch looked absolutely blistering.
(i meant the performance.... look...ed absolu....tly bl...isterin...g)
it seems its the website and theres nothing i can do about it.
and i can get half a page of flash ads on most hardware sites, (too easily)
so its confirmed - a flash media website - cant seem to handle flash so it functions.

I've mainly seen flash used for animations only (games, cartoons and the like), so it could be it's just the wrong format for the material (or it can be done, but was done improperly).

I'd send feedback to the webmaster about it; they might have ideas on how to fix it or would consider a format change if enough visitors are having the same problems.

I just checked this site out and the videos seemed to stream just fine for me. I'm using firefox 2.0 and it seems the flash player embedded is flash 8. I also loaded up IE7 which has flash 9 active x and both browsers played the videos fine for me. Not sure what the problem could be, other than a bad connection between your ISP and the website. Perhaps if you pause the video and let some of the streaming buffer it's way for a few minutes, you can watch it without the stuttering, but i'm unsure how the site operates.

Anyhow, thanks for the link to the site, found a few bands that I liked on there. :)

thalzaar24 said:
I just checked this site out and the videos seemed to stream just fine for me. I'm using firefox 2.0 and it seems the flash player embedded is flash 8. I also loaded up IE7 which has flash 9 active x and both browsers played the videos fine for me. Not sure what the problem could be, other than a bad connection between your ISP and the website. Perhaps if you pause the video and let some of the streaming buffer it's way for a few minutes, you can watch it without the stuttering, but i'm unsure how the site operates.

Anyhow, thanks for the link to the site, found a few bands that I liked on there. :)

glad you found some stuff you liked. i cant wait to see this version of "las cruces jail" and "nothing to you" from the above link... if i could only get it to work.

im still on FF 1.5.08
and IE 6

maybe ill need a browser upgrade?
does that make any sense?

Last edited:
Back