• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water,air combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gomerpile

Disabled
I have not posted in a while some may remember my home made chiller from a water fountain and had to come up with a new plan of attract because of the condensation dripping all over the place when the outside temps got over 20c. I have now used this new ugly looking thing for a while and it is really doing an excellent job. I Know most of the experts here are in the top of ocing and cooling, so I’m sharing this wiff all. If someone needs a simple water, air-cooling combo that really works this is the answer.
Note the mounting brackets for the fans are made to be vibration free it looks nosier than it is
im0009753ba.jpg

Hey there gomer,

Would you be willing to do me a favor?

Um, if it is not too much of a problem, could you please tell us what it is that you actually did there?

Part numbers would be nice as well as the brands of parts that you used.

Malpine Walis said:
Hey there gomer,

Would you be willing to do me a favor?

Um, if it is not too much of a problem, could you please tell us what it is that you actually did there?

Part numbers would be nice as well as the brands of parts that you used.
I just got in; I will take a look at the numbers for you. The back fan is just a 3 speed osculating motor, it use to be in a rotating fan I got from a road side pickup, the rad and fan is what use to be in the water fountain, the water pump is a thermaltake big water clw005-01. I unrivited my old case and carefully place them on a piece of plywood with MB in the mounting plate, I started to shape the back. The fan mounting was a very tricky process but I used a cup of water sitting on the MB mount without the MB in, at first the water was very unstable. I designed a mounting bracket for the fan, with rubber hoses underneath and screwed the mounts in until the water was almost to a stand still, I did this procedure with the fan running,, still have my fingers, that fan is a steel one.
I use 2 psu for this system, the second one is just a cheap psu which operates the digital areogate ll display, it has four separate 12 volt leads, plugged in this display is my water pump video card fan. The benefits of this, I can shut down my system and have the aerogate still monitoring the system.
My first build was with the psu in the case I was not happy with the heat in the case so I made the psu under the case this cut 10c off the case temps.
power5vs.png

bottom0012lu.jpg

moni5kv.png

top0014pl.jpg

sider0013ty.jpg

photo10015gn.jpg

gpufan2dq.jpg

twin6bi.png

Dust free, have not had to fill water in 7 months, the temps is what are showing in the pick with picks showing the application being used during nomal computer use also in the back ground is battlefeild 1942minimized

Last edited:
Sleepy_Steve said:
Im confused...

Is this just WC inside a desk?? Or does it involve more?

I think it is essentially a WC'ed system that uses the radiator fan to cool the rest of the components down. This way you get nice water temps and can keep the rest of the components at a decent temp.

Its like the old expression "Killing two birds with one stone"

matttheniceguy said:
Heh, nice!

That's probably the only Thermaltake water system out there more modded than mine.

I beg to differ :D. The only thing left of mine is the pump. Recently made bong cooler to replace radiator/res, and new waterblock on the way. Hah! beat that!

4od said:
I beg to differ :D. The only thing left of mine is the pump. Recently made bong cooler to replace radiator/res, and new waterblock on the way. Hah! beat that!
I was showing the air, water, the build, and the performance with this kind of cooling method, also providing information to the cooling ability while over clocked. This allows other over clockers a data perspective to compare how they, and I are doing with our cooling, by providing my information. My intentions were not to be better than someone, or show off that mine is better or worse than somebody’s. Merely information how, in hot, humid, climates, an over clocked computer system can be cooled quite efficiently with this setup.

Respectfully,
gomerpile

Last edited:
Back