• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

big temp increase after OCing eVGA 680i past 333Mz FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadyJ

Registered
I posted this in another forum but I think you guys will know much more about this. OK, what's going on here?

The temperatures on my evga 680i board stay nice and mellow
(40C idle/ 55C load) up to a 333 FSB on my e6400 Conroe, but I overclock just 1 Mhz past that and they shoot way up to 52C idle/ >70C load. I am very new to overclocking, and I know there might be some setting I am forgetting to adjust to alleviate this problem. I have a Scythe Ninja on AS5 in there so it should be fine as far as cooling goes. Why is 333 such a significant number for this that crossing it starts to make things really hot? I have kept the voltages all at the auto levels which, for the CPU is something like 1.25V and have only raised the FSB frequency to overclock.

I am also using Crucial tenth anniversary PC2-5300 RAM running at its default speed of 667 Mhz. Do I need to adjust a voltage level or the ram frequency, or what? The chipset frequency maybe? What am I forgetting here?

Back