• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is this cheaper and faster?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

One Bull

I'm putting a new system together (e6600 with p5w??) and I was searching for some ddr6400. I found out that, in Holland, this is cheaper then the cheapest 2GB pc6400 set, with 4-4-4-3 timings :S I'm a bit confused. It's cheaper and a lot faster, are there any disadvantages I should know about :O Or should I get them right away?

There's a good chance they are D9GKX, which are the highest standard-rated D9xxx chips from Micron, and leftover old stock from before prices went crazy. It's worth a shot to get tham and see, especially if you can return them or maybe resell them if they turn out to be bad which I doubt they would be.

roon has them listed as either d9gmh or gkx.id agree with madman.grab em while you can.i just checked newegg and their out of stock but only $285.id say theyll probably go up quite a bit when/if they are restocked.yep looks like theyll go way up.zzf has them at $400.just make sure theyre the platinum xtc not the gold gamer xtc<--dont know what ics these have.im guessing promos.

The oldest ones were GKX and the newer ones should be GMH.. but if its cheaper then GMH parts.. you have a good shot and some killer benching ram.

I tried to order them this afternoon, but they were out of stock at both stores where they were cheap :bang head
Silly me, I should have ordered first, ask parents later ;)
I contacted them by phone, they didn't know when/if they would get them in stock.

I'll be waiting till januar I guess, I was planning to build the rig then anyway. This just came along as an opertunity :)

ugh that sucks.hopefully something solid will come along for you by then.

Back