• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Wireless problems and validation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infini

Hi all,

Well I moved across the nation and now when I start up my Vista partition it wants me to Validate again :( :temper: Where I live now I have to use a USB wireless device. To Validate and use Vista I need to get this working :temper: .

The issue is that Vista sees the router that I am connecting to but keeps making it dial up the DSL! grrr, can I do anything to fix this so I can continue to test Vista?? Thanks all!

under IE go to tools, internet options, connections

see if setting it to never dial a connection helps

Last edited:
Xtreme Barton said:
under IE go to tools, internet options, connections

see if setting it to never dial a connection helps

I do not think I can get that far since I have to Validate Vista when Vista Starts. But I will try and see what I can do there. Thanks

there shoukd be a number to call microsoft and get it validated when you get to the screen. just call em up and tell them whats up.

Neur0mancer said:
Have you tried getting into safemode? Validation should not be a factor there..

No I have not. I will try this.

Xtreme Barton said:
there shoukd be a number to call microsoft and get it validated when you get to the screen. just call em up and tell them whats up.

AI gotta see if it's not just a dial up or Fax number than I will try that cause It just will not connect.

That worked

infini said:
AI gotta see if it's not just a dial up or Fax number than I will try that cause It just will not connect.

Yes that worked thank you :)

Now I have to get my Netgear wireless USB Adapter working.

Xtreme Barton said:
^

you talking to yourself...rofl

Glad I amused you. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to let people know I found a solution and say thanks.

ahhhh.... i wasnt trying to hurt your feelings.

i just found it a weeee but funny you qutoed and replied to yourself.

sorry if i upset you. really

and your welcome... unless you want to take your thanks back :cry:

Back