• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Performance 2x1 gig PC4000 safe voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chevro1et

Okay, I recently got this ram kit. However, my mobo will only supply ~2.74v vdimm without any mods. At this voltage, the ram are unstable running on a 166mhz divider (227mhz ram speed). There are several vdimm mods for the mobo that I have, and the simplest one will put the vdimm at 3.05v. Is this a safe voltage for these ram, are am I gonna cook something if I do that particular vdimm mod? Cheers, TIA.

I had the same exact sticks, but 2x512 PC-4200. I gave mine 3v of vdimm (max on my IC7 board) and ran them 24/7. I think you should be fine at 3.05v. Your still covered by OCZ's warranty because they say a max of 3v ± 5%.

EVP stands for (E)xtended (V)oltage (P)rotection. This is a novel OCZ voltage protection feature that allows modules to handle higher voltages. OCZ EVP® protected modules can tolerate VDIMM voltages up to 3.0V ± 5%. All EVP® protected modules are covered under OCZ’s Lifetime Warranty if overvolted within EVP® tolerances.

wowza said:
I had the same exact sticks, but 2x512 PC-4200. I gave mine 3v of vdimm (max on my IC7 board) and ran them 24/7. I think you should be fine at 3.05v. Your still covered by OCZ's warranty because they say a max of 3v ± 5%.

Great!! Thanks for the quick and informative reply, wowza!!!

Back