• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need assistance finding/modding a water block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtlee75

I am setting up a dual opteron box. I was trying to find or figure a way to modify a block to mount on the chipset. It has the wire loop type mount. Any ideas? Its a asus k8n-dre board by the way.

would it still be strong enough if I modified it like this. My board only has 2 loops to hook to.

retentionbracketps1.gif

Great water block! But I don't think that scheme will work. A straight piece of wire from one loop to the other is what you really need there. However, if you left the slotted bracket on the block then threaded the Z-shaped wire through THAT it might give you enough tension - if the distances work out.

Sorry, I don't have an extra MCW30 sitting around right now or I'd check for you. If it doesn't work I can send you my left-over wire, I don't need it ...

Are you handy enough to make some sort of mounting bracket similar in function to the stock A64 one? That's what I'd do personally. Then use a bar and some springs to mount it (or you could even use an old Socket 7 heatsink clip if the sizing works out right).

Does your board have the holes that the other two loops would use built in? I've seen that on a p4 bord once, two loops but 4 sets of holes.

There was a guide to repairing a broken loop with paperclip wire that you could use to add the two missing ones if that were the case....

no. it only has the 2 loops. No holes at all. I think I may have come up with something. I will post pics if it works out.

Back